Monday, February 27, 2017

Tooth Whitening Alternatives

When items are a little scarce you can always find alternatives.  In 2021 after the COVID issues we are seeing some items become less frequent.  Now, to get over some of the lack of deliverability of items there is a new trend of using charcoal for just about everything that has taken our TikToc and social media by storm.  One thing it has also done is whiten our teeth all while not using harmful chemicals.  Now it is not perfect for everything and there is a downside to everything and I want to go over a few things that have to deal with Charcoal.  I also want to go over how successful it has been in my own experience with whitening my teeth with alternatives



My wife brought this to me and gave me the idea. There were so many pranks and funny things that kept popping up that it actually grabbed my attention.  I decided along with my wife to look into actually using charcoal for our teeth.  After seeing enough non-paid advertising on Instagram I wondered if it was actually a real dental hygiene tool that we could use. This was interesting to me because I have had such problems with whitening strips in the past.  On special occasions like weddings and vacations, I have used the normal whitening stuff and most of it has caused me a lot of pain and sadness.


Most of these white strips say on the package that sensitive teeth are possible side effects, but for my mouth, that is really painful.  It is so painful that I have not done them in years and don't plan on ever going back.  The strips do work and they work very well.  I always ended up with a really bright and white smile and that was something that I at least appreciated.  But now that there was a possible alternative to the pain-filled days and night I decided to give it a try.  



Now I was pretty skeptical to start with.  I really didn't want to trust my teeth to a non-main branded toothpaste. So I decided to start slow and only use the charcoal for one brushing at a time.  I noticed that it was meant to absorb stains on your teeth and the more I read I saw that it was light abrasive so it did actually scrape off plaque in a very small way.  This seemed to be a good thing to me and I went to town using it daily. 


Black teeth are a side effect and also black spit too.  It was a bit of a fun smile and reminded me of a scene in the movie the Patriot.  The one thing is that it does stain your toothbrush and leave your sink a bit black.  Be very careful spitting this stuff and I would really not suggest giving it to kids.  I can only imagine what my kids would have done with this.  But my wife and I have had a good experience. 


It was still fun and useful, and  I am so glad about that and I still feel like it is protecting our teeth at night while brightening our smile. So if you are careful with it and are able to brush your teeth several times a day I would suggest it.  I swap between both types daily now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment